Fresh and tasty
Simple yet delicious
Mottos to live by
I found this recipe years ago when the Atkins diet was a hugely popular. This simple vegetable soup made primarily from just 2 vegetables was a new concept for me. Not only will you love the simple fact that there are so few ingredients but it turns out so beautifully GREEN! This was my introduction to how very easy making soup from scratch could really be. Great soup does not require lots ingredients or lots time and this recipe proves it.
Contrary to what you usually hear from media sources, you must try this at home!
I make a lot of soups and sauces and usually use store bought chicken broth in them. I strongly urge you to make your own broth by adding chicken parts or an entire chicken to a large pot of water and boiling until chicken is cooked then reducing the broth by half or more to enhance the flavor. It is not always feasible due to demands on our time but the flavor it adds to your dishes is phenomenal and health benefits that come from the natural chicken broth is well documented. You can also freeze portions of the homemade broth because it does make a lot and it is difficult to use all the broth before it goes bad in the fridge.
Asparagus Leek Soup
- March 20, 2019
- Print this
- 3T butter
- 1lb asparagus (1 bunch) cut into 1/3
- 2 leeks (white part only) halved lengthwise and chopped
- 3 garlic clove chopped
- 1 can 14oz chicken broth
- 1/3 c heavy cream
- Step 1
- Melt butter in large heavy pot over medium heat. Add leek and saute for 3 minutes
- Step 2
- Add asparagus and cook for 1 minute stirring to coat with butter
- Step 3
- Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds
- Step 4
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10 -15 minutes, until asparagus is tender. Salt and pepper to your taste.
- Step 5
- Blend soup in food processor or blender until smooth then return to pot. This step may be done in 2 batches
- Step 6
- Add cream, reheat and serve