This dish is so incredibly easy and because it is equally delicious served hot or cold it is one of my favorite things to make when I can’t think of anything else.
Trying to eat more protein?
Can’t eat gluten?
3 ingredients– that is all you need !
It can be a side salad or the main dish and the bonus you will discover is the roasted sesame dressing. This is the type of dressing often served at Japanese restaurants if you get a small salad with your meal. It is light and flavorful and will not overpower anything you drizzle it over. The flavor comes from actual roasted sesame seeds and so does not have as strong a flavor as you find with the sesame oil.
Poaching does not take a tremendous amount of time but if you are in a crunch, buy a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store. Remove the skin and use the breast meat for the salad. Shred the meat, julienne the cucumbers and top with salad dressing. Voilà
Poached Chicken with Sesame Dressing
- January 13, 2019
- 20 min
- Print this
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups water or chicken broth add more if necessary- chicken should be covered by poaching liquid
- 3 persian cucumber or
- 1 english cucumber
- Roasted Sesame Dressing
- Step 1
- Rinse chicken breast and pat dry
- Step 2
- In a medium sauce pan lay breasts in center and cover with liquid
- Step 3
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes depending on size of the breasts
- Step 4
- While the chicken is cooking julienne the cucumber and assemble on a large serving plate
- Step 5
- Once chicken is cooked through it will be opaque throughout or internal temp. will be 165ºF off the heat, allow chicken to sit in poaching liquid another 10 minutes then pour off liquid
- Step 6
- Use 2 forks to pull the chicken breast apart into thin strips and top the cucumber
- Step 7
- Drizzle the cucumber and chicken with sesame dressing to your taste